Monday, April 14, 2008

If I Were In Haiti

People screaming, screaming. You look everywhere trying to see through the thick tear gas being released into the ravenous crowd of rioting people. You run, the tear gas gets to you faster than you can run and become blinded. You trip over a person and you are lying on the ground. Loud bangs from the guns of the police firing rubber bullets into the crowd. Though in horrible pain, they still go on, going for what they want, just trying to survive. You get up and run through the mob, there is a cut on your forehead, bruises all over you, you're just trying to get by in the crowd. You manage to get out, you go back a few feet and look back at the people rioting, there are ambulances on the outsides of the crowds loading people into the back to be taken care of inside. You wonder why people are doing this, and then you get that sharp pain in your stomach. You then understand, you're tired of this pain, this unjustified way of living, You run back, you try smashing through the gates as well. You're hit by a rubber bullet, you fall in shock and pain. You are stampeded by the crowd. You then think to yourself, I can die if I keep going... but I will die if I don't anyway, there isn't enough to eat. I guess it's better to die trying, than to die sitting there dong nothing to solve your problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.